The following are tips that Bezos gives in a Forbes.com article. Before reading, finish the tips yourself then read and compare your ideas with Jeff’s
- “Base your strategy on things that won’t _________ . “
- ” (verb) + (preposition) + customers”
- “Our culture is __________ and intense, but if push comes to shove we’ll settle for intense.”
- “If you want to be __________, you have to be willing to fail.”
- “Everyone has to be able to work in a ______ _____________ . “
Post – reading
Which three of the tips are the best?
Which are not so useful?
You are going to watch a video in which Besos gives 10 pieces of advice about starting / running a business. Before watching, look at Amzaon’s top 10 core values and answer the question
“Which one (and only one) of these Amazon core values will be mentioned directly in the top 10 tips video?
- Customer Obsession
- Invent and Simplify
- Are Right, A Lot
- Hire and Develop the Best
- Insist on the Highest Standards
- Think Big
- Bias for Action
- Vocally Self Critical
- Earn Trust of Others
- Dive Deep
- Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit
- Deliver Results
Now watch and see
Which of the core values could be in some way at least connected with the tips?
Which pieces of advice are the best in your opinion?
Extra – activity
Make a list of core values for your company.